Monday 2 September 2013

Crazy Coqs, Berberian Sound Studio and West Wittering....

This week we open at Crazy Coqs at Brasserie Zedel and I'm line learning because there's an hour of new material. Thrilling to be on the edge of the cliff hanging on with fingernails to new arrangements and words, and so many of them, challenging and terrific, and Simon and I are exhilarated at the prospect of these and the new album which we've begun work on.

But I'm good on it all because summer was superb. Sun, sand - quite alot of sand, which indeed gets everywhere and is very present in all kinds of surprising places. I have quite alot of West Wittering beach in my car. And the cottage down a track beyond a lane was glorious - Milky Way at night, sunsets to break your heart.....

After Connecticut I went swimming in the sea 3 times, and again in Devon, though to be fair the sea in Devon was so cold I did a submerge and then made a run back to the sand to try to regain feeling in my feet and other extremities.

Photo upload is failing miserably so the sunset, the cottage, Lyme Regis - where I received the second wasp sting of the summer (wasps are bastards), the family in holiday bliss mode.....are all things you will just have to imagine. Remember that I look like Gina Lollobrigida with a suntan, and you're halfway there.

At the moment I am half watching Doc Martin in a break from Berberian Sound Studio and line learning.

Guess which I like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment